Inviting members to a community can be beneficial for several reasons. It can increase the number of active members, which can lead to a more vibrant and engaged community. It can also bring in new perspectives and ideas, which can help foster creativity and innovation within the community. Additionally, inviting members can help to promote the community and attract new members, which can lead to a larger and more diverse community. Inviting members can also help to build a sense of community and belonging, as people feel more connected to a group when they are actively invited to participate.
Click the following link to see the three locations where managers can add members to a group.
Click the link below to be taken to the section that explains how to add members to groups from the Member Database.
- Have a list of email addresses? Copy and paste a list of emails
- Upload an Excel or CSV file with all member info. Note: Only available to Community Managers and Account Owners
- One member one at a time
- Add members from other groups (Group Moderators only have access to this invite method)
- Have a member apply/sign up to join a group with a registration form
Managers can add members to a group in three locations
1. In the Lounge via the Group Members section:
- In the Member Lounge where managers click the Invite Members button:
3. In the Member Database where managers click on Invite Members for all the member adding options:
Adding members with a list of emails
When managers only have the email addresses for members, we recommend the List of emails option in the Member Database.
Choose the List of emails option from the dropdown. Copy + paste the members' email addresses into the pop-up window. The manager can then choose to notify the members that they've been added to the group by turning on the Send an invite toggle:
Managers can customize the text as needed or silently add members and notify them later. Once the decision is made, click the Done button. The members are now added to the group.
Uploading an Excel or CSV file
In the Member Database, choose Upload excel (see the menu of the screenshot above) and the manager will arrive at this screen:
There are five easy steps to follow:
- Define Member Fields - In an Excel sheet, this represents the column headings. Think about how to categorize the member information. Use these fields to filter the member search later on.
- Edit Field Privacy- Customize the privacy options for the fields.
- Upload File - You can upload either a CSV or Excel file.
- Match Fields - Once the file is uploaded, the system will automatically recognize the names of the columns. Make sure each column matches the fields.
Review and Submit - Once all the information is ready the manager can choose to notify the members that they've been added to the group by clicking the Send an invite toggle. The manager can then click the Submit button and the members will be uploaded to the platform.
Note: The platform will check any broken links or missing info and will give a report so the data can be fixed directly in the manager's Excel file so they can re-upload the sheet. Additionally, if a manager is uploading a list that contains existing members, their information in Mobilize with be overwritten with information from the spreadsheet.
Adding one member
In the Member Database, click Add one member and enter their details. The manager can choose to notify them by clicking the Send an invite toggle. Click the Add Member button once the member can be added:
Adding members from other groups
In the Member Database, click From other groups. Select the members and use the filters to choose the member(s) to add. The manager can choose to notify them by clicking the Send an invite toggle. Click the Add button to finish.
Managers can also invite members to sign up for the group by sharing the registration form.