It is very easy to change and update email settings for any group a member is in, both from within the community and from any group email the member receives.
From Email on the Web
A member can update these personal email preferences from any community email without having to log in:
Or Mobile Email
After clicking on the link to update the preferences, the member is presented with their Individual Group Preferences (email notification preferences).
To personalize their notification frequency, members can select the group they'd like to adjust and then click on the frequency that works best for them:
Instantly: Get notified once a member posts & comments in the group
Daily: Receive a daily digest with all member posts & comments
Never: Turn off all email notifications (checkbox at the top of the page)
Manager Announcements: This preference applies to posts managers may select to highlight. If left on, members will receive an instant email for these specific posts.
Comments on posts I'm following: Receive emails with comments on posts the member participated in.
These preferences will apply to all groups the member is a part of. The member can choose which notifications they'd like to turn on or off.
- Comments on posts I created: Receive email notifications when someone comments on posts the member created.
- Private conversations on a post I created: Receive email notifications when someone private replies to the member's posts.
- Mentions: Receive emails with comments/posts the member is mentioned in
- Chat messages: Receive email notifications on newly arrived chat messages.
- Note: There may be up to a 5-minute delay if a user was recently active in the platform to receive an unread chat message. If the message has been viewed, an email will not be sent to the user.
- Stats: Receive emails with statistics about posts & emails the member creates
- Pending Members: Receive emails when a member is added to the pending list
- Pending Posts: Receive emails with new pending approval posts
Unsubscribing from notifications without logging in to the platform
Members don't have to log on to the platform in order to adjust their settings. They can modify their subscription settings from email by scrolling to the bottom of any email received and clicking the visit your email preferences link. They will be taken to a screen where they can set their preferences.
NOTE: If a member unsubscribes, they can still log in to the platform to view content and adjust their subscription settings. Unsubscribing from a parent group does not mean they've unsubscribed from a subgroup. Each group has its own unique subscription settings.