There are two types of emails that count as a "Manager Announcement". Members can choose to subscribe to the specific emails in each group, and managers can see the Manager Emails subscription in the Member Database.
How to announce a post in the Feed as a manager or moderator
Note: This feature is available on paid plans only.
Using the Announce option, managers, and moderators have more posting privileges than members.
To send a Post as an announcement, click the dropdown caret/arrow next to Post and select Announce.
What happens when I announce?
- The Post will be shown in the group's Feed and given a special Announcement icon.
- If the group is set to Instant (every new post as it is created), then the behavior is the same for sending via email.
- If the group is set to Daily (a digest of the new posts from each day) or No Email (when the three toggles are off), then this will override the group setting and send this Post directly via email.
- If a member has "unsubscribed from Lounge emails" but has remained "subscribed to Manager Announcements" in this group, then the member will get this email notification.
- If a member has unsubscribed from all community emails, they will not receive the Post.
Here's a post in the Feed with the Announcement icon: