Click the sections below to read more on:
- Communities created before March 31, 2023, can be Opt-in OR Opt-Out -
For Opt-In, the platform won't send Feed notification emails until the invitee has opted in.
To become an opt-in community a manager must:
Visit the Community Settings > Email Notifications and toggle on "Require invited people to opt in before receiving Email Notifications".
New invitees can opt-in a few ways:
1. They can visit the group from the invite email which has them can sign up for a Mobilize account and fill out the registration form for your group.
2. They can sign up for weekly highlights from the invitation email.
3. They can toggle on a specific email in their notification settings.
If you'd prefer to stay an Opt-Out community, you don't have to do anything.
- Communities created after March 31, 2023, are set to Opt-In -
Please note, the toggle in the screenshot above has been sunset and all communities created after March 31, 2023, are Opt-In. Please see the description above for an Opt-In community.
Note: if a community would like to be Opt-Out, please reach out via firstname.lastname@example.org.