Community Highlights are a great and easy way to quickly keep up with recent activity within the community.
Community Highlights can be sent to your members either Daily or Weekly.
Daily Community Highlights are sent out once per day and contain content and updates from the previous day. For example: On June 4th, members will receive an email containing Posts from June 3th.
Weekly Community Highlights are sent on Thursday. Community members get an email containing posts from groups that they are a member of from the previous 7 days. For example: on June 8th, members will receive an email containing Posts from June 1st through June 7th.
Note: The Highlights will include summaries of popular Post types (Discussion, Poll, Opportunity, Recommendation, and Event) from across the groups members belong to - personalized to each member. Activities like Highlights, Pins, Comments, Appreciations, Poll Votes, and Event RSVPs are used to determine which Posts to show.
Click the links below to be taken to each section explaining:
How to turn on the Community Highlights emails
The Account Owner or Community Manager can go to the Community Menu icon and then choose the Community Settings:
Go to the Email defaults tab to toggle on the Daily or Weekly on Thursdays Community highlights.
Community managers can:
- Decide the community defaults (Daily Highlights, Weekly Highlights, or both)
- Write a custom introduction for Weekly Highlights
- Opt to include content designed to drive engagement if community activity is low
- Some of the activities used to determine which Posts to show are Highlights, Pins, Comments, Appreciations, Poll Votes, and Event RSVPs
- Community activity can ebb and flow, and automatic reminders can help to re-energize groups that are losing momentum
- Block a post from being included in Highlight emails
Community members can:
- Get a summary of activities in their groups
- See highlights from across all their groups
- Be notified of new members who have recently joined the community
- View the post on the web platform to engage and comment
Pro Tip: Change the email settings from the email by clicking the "visit your email preferences" link at the bottom of every Mobilize email.
Group Daily Digests are also available. Click here to view the article.
Q: Community Managers: "Will my members get an extra email if I enable Highlights at the community level?"
A: Yes, since it is a new feature. However, when this new feature is enabled we recommend turning off Group Daily Highlights and creating the following Highlighted Post to share with members Members how they can personalize their email settings:
We have enabled a new email frequency to help keep all our members up to date with exciting new posts, polls, and events. These emails are in the form of Daily Community Highlights. You may be already receiving a Daily Group Digest, if you are, we recommend turning this off. You can customize or unsubscribe from emails by heading to your Profile Settings.
These new highlight emails offer a bird’s eye view of all the activities across your groups on a daily or weekly basis and also reduce the number of emails you will receive!
We are really excited about these new emails. If you have any questions, please let us know.
Q: If a user has Unsubscribed from all emails, will they get these digests if I enable them at the Community Level?
A: Yes, since this is a new email, members will start to receive this email even if they previously turned off email notifications. If members wish to stop receiving the email, they can customize their email preferences by heading to their Profile Settings.